"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." – Abraham Lincoln
Initial design consultation:
This is an advisory visit that is the starting point of every design and every project. By the end of the consultation we will have set out a realistic ‘road map’ on how to achieve your perfect garden. You will be shown what can be achieved and how to address the practical needs. Lasting up to 2 hours, this simple feasibility study and brief site inspection could also highlight any potential problems that may affect the garden construction. Addressing these key issues in the early design stages could save expensive mistakes later. Topics covered could include things like soil type and condition, access issues, overhead and underground utilities, planning constraints and any other relevant regulations. Styles and layouts are discussed as are the use of appropriate materials, surfaces, planting schemes and of course budget constraints. Photos and basic measurements will be taken for future reference and from which any future design work is based. A suitable outline plan or concept plan is suggested and sketched on site. This initial consultation may be enough for some people to continue without further professional help but a follow up report will offer a proposal for the most suitable way to proceed.
There is a fee of £140 for this service to cover time, expenses, and professional advice. travelling time may be added for visits further than 45 drive - please ask for details.
The following options on how to proceed can be tailored to suit your individual needs:
Low cost design solutions.
Creative thinking, individual ideas and designs that help you get the most out of your budget. Perfect for those who want the satisfaction of landscaping their own garden with minimum help from professionals. Consists of the following:
• A simplified easy to follow design for you to implement in your own time, including a brief ‘how to’ guide.
• As much or as little guidance as needed on a ‘pay as you go’ basis.
• For the very inexperienced DIYer, a little physical help can be called for when needed for the more technical aspects. (full or half day rates).
• Optional sourcing of plants and other special features.
Design and build.
A complete service from initial design inspiration through to a complete fully built new garden. If you value having a highly bespoke product and want to get the best garden possible within a set budget, this is the service for you. Consists of the following:
• Complete service from initial ideas and inspiration to a finished garden including plants and lighting.
• Choice of concepts/ layouts if required.
• Detailed design plans with images to show you what your new garden could look like.
• Fully specified including planting plan.
• Fully itemised costs for construction, fixed price once design is agreed.
• All details required to meet CDM requirements as ‘Principle designer’ and ‘Principle contractor’.
• This is very popular service – there is normally a lead time of 6-12 months. Book in early.
• Costs start at £7000 for a complete garden.
Design only or design and project monitor.
For larger gardens where more detailed design is required for a separate landscape contractor.
• Explore the full possibilities of your garden.
• Choice of concept designs if required.
• Fully detailed design, detailed specifications and planting plans.
• Overview plan, construction plans and layout plans. Images and renderings showing different views through the new garden. A clear ‘blueprint’ for your new garden.
• Allows a landscape contractor to install the design using correct and appropriate techniques.
• All details required to meet CDM requirements as ‘Principle designer’
• ‘On call’ for advice and guidance throughout via phone/ email. Up to 2 site visits during the construction of your garden.
• Prices depend on size and complexity of the garden but normally start at £1200
Other services. (please ask for more details and costs)
• Planting design, sourcing and installation,
• Consultations to help with initial ideas or to help progress a struggling project.
• Second opinion on existing landscaping issues,
• Construction plans,
• Design advice.
See our portfolio for past projects.
Click on one of the above tabs for more information on how Paul can help create your garden or use the contact form to book a consultation